Objectives for Review
- Agree a plan with supplier to solve key issues
- All ownership, processes and contact points well understood and up-to-date
- Understand where the supplier is going, their strategy and roadmap
- What areas does the business want to see improved; what are the pain points with this supplier?
- Number of new features delivered (e.g., new products and/or services made available, functional improvements, elements of previous supplier review agenda delivered). Consider both velocity and acceleration of deliveries.
- General process improvements (e.g., escalation of issues back into supplier)
- Review major product/service failures and downtime events – root cause?
- Review product/service roadmap, both current and from last time. Assess delivery ability against stated roadmap as a way to evaluate currently presented roadmap
- Evaluate other customers of the supplier - their situations, requests; how are they driving the suppliers strategy and priority choices?
- Roadmap of technical/internals
- Upgrade plans
- Review who owns what and escalation details; general review of support and ability to escalate
- Review recent and related project retrospectives - any issues to progress with supplier?
- Can the supply/delivery chain be optimized? Come into session with a summary of the delivery chain, owners and timing - what can be tuned?
- Supplier costs summary. Any invoice issues.
- Alternatives to supplier
If this is a major review, consider setting up a wiki page that pulls together all the information related to the review, e.g., specification, bug lists, retrospectives, API specs,
Documentation updates, e.g., a supplier support change names and phone numbers
Action items between now and the next review.